Friday, February 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

You thought I gave up on the blog, didn't you? You don't have to explain. I don't blame you; I would have thought so, too. I have been awful about keeping up to date lately.

As much as I love writing, it's all I really do anymore. At school, at work and at my internship, writing is my main focus. I am so lucky to get to do what I love, but when free time comes along (once in a blue moon) and I want to write something for me, it seems like I have writer's block. 

I have a lot of ideas for upcoming posts, and I think keeping it fresh and fun and writing in a different style than I do in my (semi) professional life will make me motivated to update more often.

So, here goes nothing.

ONE. This January I started my internship with NTN Buzztime, Inc. You probably think you have no idea what Buzztime is, but if you have ever played trivia at places like BDubs or Applebees, you do. I have been given the awesome opportunity to write for their blog. The topics are new and fun and I love the people that I work with. I honestly could not ask for a better internship experience during my last semester. 

TWO. My friend, and MOH, Liz, came to visit me last weekend. We got so much accomplished and did a whole lot of nothing at the same time. I don't know how we managed that, but I'm not complaining. We picked out jewelry for the bridesmaids to wear for the wedding and spent a solid two hours in Sephora. We also caught up on Pretty Little Liars via Netflix. Okay, she caught up, I re-watched them all and loved every minute of it. I had so much fun and it was so good to spend time with her. I couldn't ask for a better maid of honor!

THREE. My mom has been on me about biting my nails since I was born. Okay, probably not that long, but you know what I'm saying. I have always had an issue with biting my nails and I never wore nail polish. When I got engaged, my mom told me that if I was going to wear such a pretty ring, I needed to have big-girl fingernails, and for the first time, it actually stuck. I have become borderline obsessed with painting my nails. I am a self-proclaimed perfectionist (about most things), so painting my nails is a pain. Maybe that's why I never did it before? The second the polish starts to chip, it is coming off and I am spending (lots of) time re-polishing them to perfection. I keep trying new colors and new looks (thank you, Pinterest) but I keep coming back to this:

Hard-Kourt Fashionista by Nicole by OPI
I honestly don't even know what possessed me to buy it in the first place (Ok, I do know. It is my obsession with all things Kardashians. Don't judge me.) because it is not something that I would typically wear. But I love it! I've only had it for a few months and half of the bottle is gone. I am going to have to stock up before the Kardashians are no longer kool (see what I did there?) and it's discontinued. Woof.

FOUR. Tyler and I are heading home this weekend to meet with our FOCCUS couple assigned by the church to help us in our marriage preparation. Last time we met with them we had to take a "survey" (call it what you want, it was a test) about, well, everything. Tomorrow we will meet again to discuss the results. It's exciting to be this far along in the process, and I'm looking forward to hearing our couple's insight. While I'm home, I am planning to spend sometime with my good friend, cousin and bridesmaid Stacy, and visit the two cutest twins in the world. Wait, maybe I should ask their mom first?

Look how much they miss me!

FIVE. Tyler and I signed our first lease together last night. We are staying in Columbus and we will be renting from Tyler's former boss and her husband, who have become good friends of ours. I couldn't be any happier! I haven't stopped smiling. We officially (okay, not until July 15) have our first home together. The future is finally starting to fall into place and I am so pleased with the direction in which it's headed. 
Tyler signing his "Herbie" Hancock

The last lease I will ever sign as "Morgan J. Passmore"


If you write a #H54F post, link up with Lauren. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Les said...

I'm loving your mani (and the bling is pretty awesome too)! ;)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Les
leslyni.blogspot.com

Morgan said...

Thank you! I definitely recommend the OPI Kardashian Kollection, whether or not you are a fan ;)

Post a Comment