Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Best Years of Your Life

I never thought planning my wedding would bring back memories of high school, but creating a guest list of all of the people you want to share your special day definitely makes you reminisce.  Oh, and it reminds you of how bad high school sucked and how glad you are that it only lasted four years.

I feel sorry for those who say the four years they spent in high school were the best of their lives.  They are truly missing out. 

I think the only people who really loved high school were those who never got picked on or had rumors spread about them.  And I hate to state the obvious, but most of the time, those were the kids who teased others and spread gossip.

It's not like my high school years were completely miserable.  I definitely had more fun than any high school kid should have and I got in way less trouble than I deserved.  I hung out with a big group of people and had a few really good friends.

I'm not saying that I am completely innocent when it comes to high school scandal.  That's definitely not the case.  I don't think anyone can claim that they never hurt someone in high school, even if it was unintentional.  I can think back to many occasions where I stood by and let bullying happen.  Even if it wasn't physical and even if it seemed harmless, I regret not doing the right thing.

Don't get me wrong.  I do have some fond memories from high school.  There are times that I will never forget.











But there are times that I choose to.  

Everyone tells you to make the most of high school, and I agree with that.  But at the same time, don't worry about it if you think "the most of it" still sucks.  It's four years.  In the scheme of life, that's nothing.  

College is way better, anyways. You meet new people.  You become even closer to your real, true friends.  You finally stop caring what everyone else thinks of you.  You realize the guys you dated in high school aren't the ones who got away, they're the ones you had to let go of to find the right one for you.  You start to become who you are meant to be.

Take it from me (or from Brad Paisley, if you don't believe me) the four years you spend in high school are no where near the best years of your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment