Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Obligatory New Year Post

Catchy, isn't it?

While you wouldn’t know it from reading my blog (hello, lack of tags, sporadic posts and inconsistency), those who know me personally know that, overall, I am super organized (you wouldn’t know it from my room right now, either).  I like to know plans in advance, I make lists on a nearly daily basis and I would be completely lost without my planner.  It’s no surprise that I want to plan out my year (I would plan my entire life down to the hour if I could!) and try to organize the unknown.

So… I don’t like resolutions.  I don’t like making plans that I know have the potential to fall through.  I don’t like when I have to swerve left of center.  But this is life and I’m learning little by little that nothing is certain, plans don’t mean anything in the scheme of things and sometimes you have to just wing it.

Instead of making resolutions, I like to set overarching goals for myself that I know I will achieve to some degree, no matter where the year takes me.  2013 is going to be big.  I can’t wait to stop micromanaging every last detail and just start letting my dreams come true.
goals for 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment